David Allen Lambert
David Allen Lambert has been on the staff of American Ancestors/NEHGS since 1993 and is the organization’s Chief Genealogist. David is an internationally recognized speaker on the topics of genealogy and history.
Lambert has published many articles in the New England Historical and Genealogical Register, the New Hampshire Genealogical Record, Rhode Island Roots, Mayflower Descendant, and American Ancestors magazine. He has authored and or co-authored in the published genealogies presented to David McCullough, Ken Burns, Angela Lansbury, Michael and Kitty Dukakis, Nathaniel Philbrick, Doris Kearns Goodwin, and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino. He has also published eleven books including A Guide to Massachusetts Cemeteries (NEHGS, 2018), and Vital Records of Stoughton, Massachusetts, to the end of the year 1850 (Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants, 2008). David received his B.A. in History from Northeastern University. David is an elected Fellow of the Massachusetts Historical Society in Boston, Mass., and a life member of the New Hampshire Society of the Cincinnati and the General Society of the War of 1812. David also serves as the tribal genealogist for the Massachusett Tribe at Punkapoag in Massachusetts.
Areas of expertise: New England and Atlantic Canadian records of the 17th through 21st century; American and international military records; DNA research; and Native American and African American genealogical research in New England.
You can contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-226-1222.
- Northern New England Resources at American Ancestors
- The ABCs of Using School Records in Family History Research
- Boston Research and Records
- Raising the Dead: Finding Clues to Ancestors from Headstones, Family Plots, and…
- Hosting an Online Family Reunion
- Using New England Probate Records
- Atlantic Canadian Resources at NEHGS
- Early Military Resources at NEHGS: Colonial Wars to War of 1812
- Find Your Union Civil War Ancestor at NEHGS
- New England Vital Records at NEHGS